Dear loved ones, family and friends:
I have an appointment at Columbia Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Christopher J. Winfree will conduct spinal surgery to insert a spinal stimulator. The stimulator has a good chance of dramatically reducing my crippling pain.
If you prefer:
- Click to Pay Pal. https://www.paypal.com/home
- Log in NOT necessary. To donate, click on “send” immediately above home page.
- Enter amount and my email address [email protected]
- Thank you.
- My elder daughter Joanna is pregnant, God willing, with my first grandchild.
- My younger daughter Amelia is marrying and I am scheduled to give away the bride.
- For three weeks in October I was in the hospital with an infection that nearly killed me.
- In the hospital I wrote a user’s guide for a sophisticated software.
- My pain level for the past year has averaged a daily 7 on a scale of 1-10.
- “If not now, when?”
- I am desperately short of funds.
Friday, December 4th Dr. Winfree inserts an electric test probe in my spine. There is a good chance [50-50] the probe will dramatically reduce my pain.
Friday December 5th-18th, a period of testing.
[Fingers crossed] On Thursday, December 18th, Dr. Winfree inserts a spinal stimulator made by Medtronic, the same company that manufactured my pacemaker.
Sunday December 20th. After extensive physical therapy both before and after the procedure, I return to State College.
Consequently, I will be able to:
- Manage my pain
- Experience being a grandfather
- Give away my younger daughter in marriage
- Work considerably more productively [Work is a good.]
I am doing this in a rush.
If not now, when?
Daughter Joanna with son-in-law Jade Phillips
Daughter Amelia Altalena with fiancé Javier Blanco